Booking Terms and Conditions
Please be advised that if you have a complaint whilst you are staying at the hotel booked through the Gr8stays, then you must inform the hotel management immediately in order to give them the chance to resolve the problem. Please understand that you could lose the right to compensation if you fail to do this.
Having informed the hotel of your issues, if you are still unable to resolve your problem then please contact Gr8stays.
In case you are not able to communicate with Gr8stays, you can also refer to your hotel check in voucher, where you will find a support telephone number. This number is manned by a representative that is specifically assigned to address your issues and has direct contact with Gr8stays.
Gr8stays always has your comfort and welfare at heart and will continuously endeavour to ensure that you enjoy a relaxed and stress-free Gr8stays vacation.
Our agency terms of business please read below:
- Changes to passenger details after payment has been received by Gr8stays will be submitted. This facility carries a 20 Euro charge per person on any booking done. Please note any costs due to fluctuating prices and availability will be chargeable in addition to the standard charges outlined.
- Any complaints regarding a travel arrangement made through Gr8stays must be received no later than 28 days after the date of return.
- Gr8stays will not be held liable for any compensation on complaints regarding accommodation after your return if no opportunity has been given to us to re-accommodate during your stay.
- No compensation will be payable if we are forced to change your travel arrangements in any way for circumstances amounting to ‘force majeure’.
- In the event that Gr8stays changes your accommodation, alternative accommodation of equivalent or higher standard will be offered. Where no alternative can be offered, clients will receive a full refund. Occasionally the accommodation providers may have to offer alternative accommodation of a lower standard or within a different resort to the original accommodation booked; in these circumstances compensation may be offered to you by the accommodation providers. Please note once you have left to take up your accommodation, you have no right to cancel your reservation. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
- Should you wish to cancel your booking with us, you should notify Gr8stays in writing.
Once the written cancellation is received, the following cancellation charges will apply, unless otherwise agreed by Gr8stays at the time of booking:
a. Time Period before departure % of loss of total holiday cost
- 12 weeks or more: 20%
- 11-7 weeks: 35%
- 6-4 weeks: 50%
- 4 weeks Departure: 100%
- Please note some resorts come with 100% cancellation policy
- If a deposit has been taken for your booking, the balance will be charged 6 weeks before travelling, unless otherwise informed and agreed at the time of booking. This deposit is non-refundable in case of cancellation.
- Flights are paid directly to the airline. If only a deposit has been paid you need to contact the airline personally to pay the due balance, failure to do so will result in cancellation of your flights.
- Occasionally flight operators change the flight times and for that reason it is important that you confirm your flight times two days prior to departure.
We recommend you look at the Travel Advice section of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website http://www.fco.gov.uk. This gives passport and visa requirements, plus travel and health advice for the country you are visiting.
We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
We also strongly advise that you take out travel insurance to cover you and your party.
If incoming flights are delayed or guests are liable to check in late for any other reason please advise Gr8stays and/or the hotel (see hotel voucher for telephone number) as the accommodation may otherwise be released.
If guests want a late check-out they will need to discuss this with the hotel. Late check-out will be at the hotelier’s discretion and will be subject to availability. Any charge applied must be paid direct to the hotel.
- Rooms will be allocated at the time of check-in. Please note that hotels cater for an international clientele and staff working in the hotels may not all be English-speaking. Please also note that facilities may be withdrawn due to low occupancy, for repairs to be carried out, at the beginning and end of the season, or for any other valid reasons.
- Please note that guests must make themselves aware of and adhere to the terms and conditions of the hotel and also any local or national legislation that may apply in the resort in which they are staying as Gr8stays will not accept liability for any financial or other loss incurred if they fail to do so.
- The hotel reserves the right to eject any guest and their party without notice if in the hotel’s opinion they behave improperly. Under those conditions full cancelation charges will apply and neither the hotel nor Gr8stays will have any further liability towards them.
- If guests cause any damage to the hotel or a third party during their stay, they will be responsible for the cost of any such damage and they agree to indemnify us in full against any claim that may be raised against us, the local representative or the hotel in respect of such damage.
- Please be aware that it is the policy of some hotels in certain countries (e.g. Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, and Turkey) not to allow nationals to book at special contracted rates sold outside of that country. If a guest or any member of the guest’s party holds a passport issued by one of these countries please advise us on receipt of this voucher as we cannot guarantee that the booking will be honoured.
- If a hotel (or supplier) is forced to transfer guests to alternative accommodation when they arrive in resort, the hotel (or supplier) will undertake to transfer them to alternative accommodation of equivalent rating to that originally booked but neither the hotel (or supplier) nor Gr8stays will have any other liability towards them.
- Please also note that no refund can be claimed if guests stay at the accommodation for a shorter period than that for which they have booked.
- Any additional costs or expenses incurred during guests’ stay must be paid by them to the hotel before their departure.